The Internet Philatelic Dealers Association
At the IDPA Website it's claimed that, by becoming a member of the Association and adopting their code of ethics, the bonds between Internet stamp collectors and the online philatelic dealer community are strengthening and members are gaining increased respect.
To this end the IDPA has published their "Statement of Purposes" as being:
1) To promote the integrity of philatelic dealers on the Internet, and encourage the hobby of stamp collecting
2) To keep members informed about events, happenings, changes of legalization and regulations which may affect the association and its members
3) On behalf of members to liaise with other philatelic bodies and groups representing stamp dealers and groups representing dealers and collectors over matters or issue of interest to the association and its members.
4) To keep members informed of changes to postal rates, rules, regulations and laws including taxation laws and regulations such as VAT and GST, import and export laws and regulations and the security of mail.
5) To keep members informed of new stamp issues and changes in technology of production and distribution and retail of postage stamps and other philatelic material.
6) To keep members up to date on trends in the wholesale and retail of postage stamps.
7) To represent the membership in supporting or opposing the introduction of new or changed international, national and /or state regulations which may materially affect the stamp dealing industry, particularly e-trading and the business activities of the associations members.
8) To publicize the IPDA and its professionalism and reputation and that of its members.
If you believe your business or online stamp trading activities can benefit from IDPA membership then visit the IDPA Website for more details.
GB Stamp Home Page More GB Stamp Articles