Royal Mail Offer More British Design Classics: "Classic Albums"
The issue features the following albums:
- The Division Bell by Pink Floyd (design by Storm Thorgerson and license by Pink Floyd (1987) Ltd)
- A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay (design by Solve Sundsbo)
- Parklife by Blur (design by Chris Thomson/Stylorouge & photo by Bob Thomas Power)
- Corruption and Lies by New Order (courtesy Factory 1983 designed by Peter Saville)
- A Basket of Roses by Henri Fantin-Latour
- Let It Bleed by The Rolling Stones (courtesy ABKCO Records. Original cover & liner design by Robert Brownjohn, photography by Don McAllester and cake created by Delia Smith)
- London Calling by The Clash (photograph copyright Pennie Smith)
- Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield (license courtesy Mercury Records Ltd)
- Led Zeppelin IV by Led Zeppelin (copyright Superhype Tapes Ltd Rand reproduced with permission of Led Zeppelin)
- Screamadelica by Primal Scream (artist: Paul Cannell Courtesy Primal Scream/Sony Music Entertainment UK Ltd)
- The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars by David Bowie (courtesy Risky Folio Inc obo David Bowie)
The individual self-adhesive stamps and miniature sheet were designed by Studio Dempsey based on photography supplied by Andy Seymour. The stamps are being printed by De La Rue Security Print using gravure and the gummed souvenir sheet by Cartor Security Printing using lithography.
Search for British Design Classics online stamp auctions.
GB Stamp Home Page More GB Stamp Articles